Sunday, April 23, 2017

Digital Blog Post #L

For this last Blog Post, I had to return to my favorite method...Storybird 

Even though towards the end, we skipped around here and there, I think this chapter was the best one to end on. I included this is my Storybird, but I usually look for things that could benefit my future teaching styles. I look for things I know I would need to work on. I'm not very fluid with technology but this is one of those classes where you get out as much as you put in.
In this Blog Post, I covered Using Tech You Have Successfully, Becoming A Tech Leading Teacher, and Tech Integration and Educational Change.
There were so many good segments and topics discussed in this chapter but these were the ones that struck me as the most interesting and the most informative.
The first two sections I feel I covered pretty decently, but the third I covered some key words and that's it so I though a short little video would be a good way to tie everything up.







Resources:

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

Manwell, S (2017, April 23.) Adventures in Education. Created with Storybird www.storybird.com

Edutopia (Director). (2012, December 12). An Introduction to Technology Integration [Video file]. Retrieved April 23, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d59eG1_Tt-Q



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved your Storybird entry for this post!
    I think the topics you covered are essential for all educators to understand - utilizing the technology we have rather than the technologies we would like to have means remaining enthusiastic about the reason behind using the tech - teaching students about the world and using the technology to make the lesson better!
    I also love that you wrapped it up by referring to mindtools, because I used that aspect of the chapter as well! I think the Storybird was a great way to make the most of the post, but the video you included really added a lot to the points you addressed.
    I hope you enjoyed the semester, I know I learned quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete